Thesis/Dissertation Office, 466 West Circle Drive, 2nd floor, Chittenden Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: 517-355-0301; Email: email@example.com.
Instructions for submission of a Master’s Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation to the Graduate School (these steps do not have to be completed in any particular order):
- Prepare your Master’s Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation following the specific instructions in the Graduate School Formatting Guide.
- Submit your Approval Form to the Graduate School. If human subjects were used in your research, submit the IRB Letter. If vertebrate animals were used in your research, submit the IACUC (AUF) Letter.
- Complete the Online Graduate School Exit Survey
- Access the following website:
- Enter your MSU NetID (Login Name) and Password
- Complete all the items on the survey. When finished, click Submit.
- If you cannot open this survey, please contact the Graduate School by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your name, student ID #, degree level (PhD, MA/MS) and semester of graduation. You will then be notified when you are able to complete the survey.
- Doctoral Students must complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED) online.
The Survey of Earned Doctorates is the definitive source of information on the nation’s new research doctorates. Sponsored by the National Science Foundation and five other Federal agencies and conducted by RTI, the SED is critical to understanding in what specialty areas doctorates are produced and their post-graduation employment plans. Results are used by government as well as academic institutions to make decisions about graduate education funding, developing new programs and supporting existing ones.
The registration URL for the survey is: https://sed-ncses.org
Michigan State University REQUIRES verification of completion of the survey. When you submit your survey, a notification of completion will be automatically sent to the Michigan State University Graduate School Office. However, it is also recommended that at the end of the survey, you also have a copy of the ‘certificate of completion’ emailed to your own personal email for your records.
If you have any questions about the web survey, please contact RTI at email@example.com or at 1-877-256-8167.
- Create an account and submit your document via ProQuest.