Spouse and Family Resources

Student Parent Resource Center

The MSU Student Parent Resource Center offers a supportive environment to obtain information and resources for ALL student parents and their families on and off campus. 

Services Offered by the SPRC:

  • Advocacy for student families
  • Academic and family support
  • Guidance for communicating with faculty and advisors
  • Financial Assistance for child care, infant to age 12
  • Support in researching quality child care
  • Student Parents on a Mission (SPOM) peer organization
  • Pre-finals child care
  • Community Resource Guide
  • Student list serve with up-to-date information about community resources and opportunities for families
  • Other services as needed and requested by student parents

Student Parents On a Mission

Student Parents On a Mission (SPOM) is a registered student organization for MSU students with children.

Work Life Office

The WorkLife Office partners with the community to create an inclusive, responsive work environment where all faculty and staff are respected and supported toward well-being in work and personal lives.

COGS Childcare Endowment

COGS will provide a limited number of $500-$1000 awards per semester to eligible graduate/professional students who apply for the MSU Child Care Grant but are ineligible for that program. The COGS program is open to international graduate students and law students.

Spousal IDS

Spouses of registered students may obtain IDs entitling them to certain privileges. The student and spouse must appear together in person in 170 International Center and present the student’s MSU ID card, the spouse’s government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, state ID or passport, and proof of marriage. There is no charge for the initial basic ID. Replacement cards are $5-$10 depending upon the card type.