- The Appendix or Appendices are usually added to contain supplementary illustrative materials, original data, and quotations too lengthy for inclusion in the body of the document or not immediately essential to an understanding of the text.
- A cover page is to separate the Appendix (Appendices) from the previous text material.
- On the cover page the word “APPENDIX” or “APPENDICES” is to be in all capital letters and is to be centered on the page from top to bottom.
- The appendices may be divided in APPENDIX A, APPENDIX B, etc. depending on the type and amount of material used.
- When you have multiple appendices in a chapter or at the end of the document, each individual appendix may have its own cover sheet (optional). For secondary cover sheets, type the Appendix name (ie: APPENDIX A, APPENDIX B, etc.) in all capital letters, centered 1 inch from the top of the page. Then, double-space twice and type the title of the appendix.
- The text of each appendix follows the cover page for that appendix.
- Tables and figures in the appendices must be numbered, captioned and are to be included in the LIST OF TABLES and LIST OF FIGURES.
- An Appendix, pertinent to a particular chapter may be placed at the end of the chapter rather than at the end of the document as long as the selected format is adopted for the whole document.
- If you have a single Appendix, the Appendix cover page with the corresponding page number is the page that is to be associated with the heading APPENDIX in the Table of Contents. Do not include the title of an individual appendix unless you have multiple appendices in a chapter or at the end of the body of the document.
- If you have multiple Appendices, the Appendices cover page with the corresponding page number is the page that is to be associated with the heading APPENDICES in the Table of Contents. When you have multiple appendices, each individual appendix with its title and corresponding page number is to be listed as a sub-heading under the heading APPENDICES in the Table of Contents (ie: APPENDIX A: Data; APPENDIX B: Results, etc.).
Sample Appendix Cover Page
Sample Appendices Cover Page
Sample Table of Contents with Appendices within chapters
Sample Table of Contents with Appendices at the end of the document
Sample Secondary Appendix Cover Page