The Graduate School at MSU announces the availability of the AGEP Scholar Award in the amount of $2000. Award recipients in good standing will be eligible to apply each year. Students are only allowed to apply for one award in a year.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (International students are not eligible.)
- Eligibility begins in year two (2) of the Master’s or Doctoral Program.
- A full-time graduate student in good standing in a STEM or SBE graduate program at MSU.
- Demonstrated commitment to AGEP goals, and participation in the MSU AGEP Learning Community and Community activities for at least one (1) year before applying.
- Has submitted a brief for the AGEP Science Today Bulletin: https://grad.msu.edu/agep/bulletin
- Be enrolled in at least one (1) graduate credit in the semester of the award.
- Have not received an AGEP scholar award previously in the current academic or calendar year.
- Note: each scholar is limited to a maximum of four (4) awards over their academic career at MSU.
- Limit of $2,000/year (up to four (4) awards) with any possible combination of travel and professional development (including books, society memberships, software, laptops).
- Awardees are able to apply for all other types of funding provided by The Graduate School at MSU.
- A brief written summary of the activities supported by the award is required as well as a brief oral report to the MSU AGEP Learning Community.
- Current participation in the MSU AGEP Learning Community.
- Merit of the proposed activities (including how it relates to preparing the candidate for the professoriate).
- Letter of recommendation/nomination by the major research advisor.
Additional Award Materials:
- Detailed proposal of professional travel and/or professional development activities to be supported by the award.
- Detailed budget of how the award will be used.
- A narrative (500-word limit) about the applicant’s participation in MSU AGEP Community activities.
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty advisor or a pertinent faculty member.
The AGEP Scholar Award application process is only open September through October and January through February of the academic year.