Application for Additional Tuition Credits 2021-22 for MSU TAs
(Due on June 25, 2021 for Fall 2021)
Applicants must be appointed as a TA for the semester in which the credits are requested.
- Complete the application, observing the following deadlines…
* for Fall 2021 credits: June 25, 2021
- Each semester requires a separate application by the appropriate deadline. Applications are processed only for credits for the upcoming semester.
- These awards are for credits in excess of the 9 credits already waived for a Fall or Spring appointment and 5 credits in Summer.
- If you have other awards that cover tuition, please use those awards completely, before applying to this (limited) program.
- In order to complete the online application, you will need 1) a copy of your TA appointment offer letter and 2) the name and email of a faculty or other graduate program person who can approve your credit needs. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Decision notifications can be expected approximately two weeks after the application deadline.
The GEU Budget & Planning committee screens applications for eligibility and completeness. Should more tuition credits be requested than are available, applications will be prioritized as described below.
Priority categories for granting additional credits (in order):
- the applicant did not receive credits in the previous semester,
- the course is required in the semester requested,
- the course is required with a student preference to take it in the semester requested,
- the application is for 899 or 999 credits,
- the course identified for credits is not for the official graduate program, but for the purpose of eliminating a specific academic deficiency (i.e. Prerequisite).
After the evaluation of all qualified applications against the priority categories, the final selection of TAs to be awarded additional tuition credits from this pool will be by lottery until the credits are expended.
Credits awarded and then dropped will not be available to be re-assigned to another TA.
Processing of awarded credits:
- The tuition credit award is made directly to the student’s tuition bill. This tuition award is neither a fellowship nor a cash award. Receiving an award may affect your federal financial aid amount.
- The waiver will cover the cost of an MSU standard in-state credit(s), not premium fees. Accepting this award may affect any federal loans that you have.