The Counseling Center provides support to students, faculty, and staff by assisting in decreasing stress, aiding the effort to provide a healthy environment, and helping students focus on personal and career goals.
The Mission of the MSU Employee Assistance Program is to support and enhance the emotional health of the campus community. EAP provides emotional assistance to employees and their families as they attempt to work through life changes, expected and unexpected events, chronic physical and emotional health issues, and work/life balance concerns.
Health4U provides faculty, staff, retirees, graduate student employees and their partners/spouses with education, opportunities, and support for developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Olin provides medical and dental care for students and their spouses during their enrollment at MSU.
Graduate Student Life & Wellness Collaborations
GSLW is a cosponsor and designer of the following programs at MSU:
Academic Women's Forum
The MSU Academic Women’s Forum is an opportunity to connect with other academic women, support one another, and become empowered at MSU.
The goal of the MSU Academic Women’s Forum is to create a space for women-identified faculty, academic staff, post-docs, librarians, and graduate students to come together to:
- Build supportive relationships and reduce social isolation through regular contact and meaningful discussions with peers
- Gain awareness of and access to campus support services and community resources
- Engage in authentic, solution-focused conversations about the challenges of being a woman-identified academic at MSU
- Explore issues related to privilege and power across constructs such as race, gender, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, level of education, role/function, among others
- Foster authentic relationships across human difference in higher education
- Learn emotional wellness skills designed to increase resilience to work challenges, navigate life transitions, balance competing and conflicting roles, and more effectively respond to the frequent micro-aggressions experienced as women and women of color in academia
Like the Acadmeic Women's Forum Page on Facebook:
The Fatherhood Forum is for fathers of all ages and experiences, mothers, expectant parents, MSU students, staff, faculty, professionals, community partners, educators and anyone interested in parenting.
The goals of the forum are:
- Create a network to support Dads
- Fatherhood and parenting across complex issues
- Provide opportunities for relationship-building among fathers
- Tap the strength, wisdom and resiliency of people from diverse families
- Support men’s identities around what it means to be a man/father from boyhood to manhood.
Other Resources for Graduate Students