Several awards between $500 and $1,000 will be made. Awards may support student participation in internships, service-learning, volunteerism, campus leadership, or study away and abroad programs related to social justice issues that impact the LBGT community.
Approximately 10 awards of $1000 will be made.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, April 15th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
About the Award
- celebrates rapidly changing times for LBGT persons everywhere
- recognizes the shaming of, struggles endured by, and opportunities denied to LBGT persons
- acknowledges the invaluable and tireless work of LBGT persons and their allies in advancing civil rights
- represents the hope of obtaining equality and ending LBGT discrimination
- and seeks to support opportunities for MSU students with the ambition and vision to achieve equality
How to Apply
Each candidate must email their letter of application to email@example.com. Please send as PDF. Letters of recommendation and other supplemental materials will not be accepted for consideration. Preference will be given to applicants who have at least a 3.0 GPA and are in financial need. Prior award recipients remain eligible to receive the same or other awards in subsequent years. Included in each application is a personal statement, which must not exceed 1200 words (4 pages), and MUST address each of the following:
- Describe the service or learning opportunity that that you are seeking support for.
- What is the relevance of this activity to the LBGTQ+ community?
- How will the award funds be used?
- How do you anticipate that this award will impact your life and personal development?
- How will this experience be shared with or meet the needs of the campus community.
- Describe your involvement or commitment to the LBGT community.
- Tell us about your need for financial assistance through this award.
This award would be available for expenditure in Summer 2018 or Fall 2018.
Questions: Call 517-353-9520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Please write Award in your subject line.