The EY Communication Center (EYCC) is seeking two communication consultants to join our team for the 2023-24 academic year. The consultants will develop the professional communication skills of M.S. students in the Department of Accounting and Information Systems in the following areas: business writing, public speaking, teamwork, resume development, and interviewing.
- Provide one-to-one and group consultations on a variety of communication services, including but not limited to paper critiques, presentation development and delivery, resume preparation, and mock interviewing.
- Evaluate written papers, oral presentations, and meetings for select courses.
- Record videos of select classroom presentations.
- Maintain database to track appointments and evaluations.
- Develop and/or deliver communication workshops and guest lectures.
- Maintain clean, organized, and friendly environment.
- Assist in the development and refinement of best practice resources and tools.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience teaching writing and/or public speaking
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional follow-thorough and professionalism
- Master’s degree in Communication, English, or related field (progress toward PhD preferred)
- Ability to work 20 hours per week with availability on days/times COM 875 is offered:
- Fall Semester: Wednesdays from 5 – 7:50 p.m.
- Spring Semester: Mondays and Tuesday from 3:00 – 5:50 p.m.
Compensation: Half time G.A. appointment (i.e., stipend, tuition waiver of nine credits per semester (Fall and Spring) at the standard/core graduate tuition rate, and health care benefits)
Commitment: 20 hours per week (Fall Semester 2023 and Spring Semester 2024)
Application: Please send a cover letter, vita, and evidence of recent teaching excellence to Geneviève Risner (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, December 14.