The Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship grant program supports training students for master's and doctoral degrees in food, agricultural and natural resource sciences; and Special International Study or Thesis/Dissertation Research Travel Allowances for eligible USDA NNF beneficiaries. Awards are specifically intended to support traineeship programs that engage outstanding students to pursue and complete their degrees in USDA mission areas. Applicants provide clarity about the philosophy of their graduate training, and relevance to USDA mission sciences, NIFA priorities, and national science education policies and statistics. Applications are being solicited from institutions that confer a graduate degree in at least one of the following Targeted Expertise Shortage Areas:
- animal and plant production;
- forest resources;
- agricultural educators and communicators;
- agricultural management and economics;
- food science and human nutrition;
- sciences for agricultural biosecurity; and
- training in integrative biosciences for sustainable food and agricultural systems.
For more information, read the Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship funding opportunity.