Graduate Associate and Assistant Deans, Graduate Program Directors and Faculty
Nominations are being accepted for the MAGS Excellence in Teaching Award 2022 competition. This Teaching Award is very competitive, so we are looking for exceptional PhD and Master’s students with great demonstration of teaching competence and knowledge of pedagogy, innovative teaching/instructional design, and effective mentoring skills as outlined in the documents here: mags-net.org/excellence-in-teaching-award
Please review the evaluation criteria here: http://www.mags-net.org/documents/awards/teaching/2022_MAGS_Exc_Teach_Award_Eval_Criteria.pdf
The Nomination Process
- Please review the evaluation criteria and nominate a student by completing this brief survey MAGS Teaching Excellence Nomination by 5:00 pm on October 22, 2021.
- We from the Graduate School will select candidates from the nominations submitted and notify nominators if their candidate has been recommended to complete their materials no later than November 1, 2021.
Compilation of materials and final nominations:
- Nominators complete nomination packets together with the nominees by January 4, 2022 to Dr. Stefanie Baier: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An Ad Hoc committee (tbd) will review the nomination packages for completion and based on the specified criteria including a 10-minute teaching-in-action video. (See mags-net.org/excellence-in-teaching-award)
- One Master's and one PhD student will be selected, and nominators will be notified of the status of the applications by January 7, 2021 with final comments and recommendations.
- The Graduate School will submit the final application packets to MAGS on January 21, 2022.
For any questions, please e-mail Dr. Stefanie Baier at email@example.com