MSU Graduate Certification in Community Engagement has opened recruiting for the 2021-2022 season.
The Graduate Certification in Community Engagement is a three-part professional development program open to graduate and professional students in all 17 MSU colleges. This flexible, no-cost program helps students learn new mindsets and skills for their community-engaged research, creative activities, teaching/learning, service and practice activities.
Interested in making a difference with your scholarship? Enjoy working with community partners on projects? Like learning along with your peers from other parts of the university? Want to be more competitive on the job market? Then, the Graduate Certification in Community Engagement might be for you.
To learn more about the program:
- visit Graduate Certification in Community Engagement at the Graduate Resource Fair on Aug 28, from 10:30-12:00
- drop in at the virtual information session on Sept 2 from 1:30-3:30, https://events.engage.msu.edu/Registrations/Register/3330
- check out the website, https://gradcert.engage.msu.edu/
- view this basic information video, https://mediaspace.msu.edu/media/Grad+Cert+Com+Engagement--GRF21/1_5at9yyvl
- set up a phone or zoom call with Diane Doberneck (517-353-8977)
- email Diane Doberneck your questions at email@example.com
This year, workshops will be offered via zoom on Friday afternoons, with an asynchronous option available. New workshop additions include community-engaged creative activities, engagement in informal learning settings, and communicating science with the public.
On-line applications are due Friday, September 10 at 5:00 pm and are available at: https://gradcert.engage.msu.edu/application.