The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Robotics Internship Program is a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in a field related to robotics, manufacturing, or engineering. The program provides opportunities for high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students and postgraduates to intern at federal national laboratories and private sector organizations throughout the United States. The EERE Robotics Internship Program is sponsored by the EERE Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO).
Why should I apply?
- Hands-on experience in development of future robotics technical, engineering, and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Development of professional networks with leading scientists and subject matter experts
- Identification of career goals and opportunities
- Stipends: High school seniors and undergraduate students receive a $600 per week stipend; graduate students and postgraduates receive a $750 per week stipend
- Housing Allowance: $150 per week for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility
- Inbound/Outbound Travel Reimbursement: Up to $1,000 to/from assigned location for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2019.
- Be a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate of an accredited institution of higher education majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related to robotics and/or manufacturing.
Though not required, applicants with previous robotics competition experience are specifically encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: March 5, 2019 5:00 PM EST
How to Apply: Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/EERE-Robotics-2019
For questions please email us at Robotics.Internship@orau.org.