The Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) is a gateway to graduate education at Big Ten Academic Alliance universities. The goal of the program is to increase the number of underrepresented students who pursue graduate study and research careers. SROP helps prepare undergraduates for graduate study through intensive research experiences with faculty mentors and enrichment activities.
The MSU SROP Program provides an opportunity to combine professional development with applied work experience in your career field. This is also an opportunity for Michigan State University faculty to evaluate you as a potential graduate student. MSU SROP typically convenes the third weekend of May and ends the last weekend of July.
- Click here to download our SROP Program brochure.
- Sign-up to Join our Mailing List
- Sign-up to attend virtual MSU SROP Open House session on Nov 16, 2022 from 6-6:30pm ET
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college/university in the U.S.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed at least 2 semesters of undergraduate education
- Have at least 1 semester of undergraduate education remaining after completing MSU SROP
- Demonstrate a strong interest in graduate study at MSU (Masters or Ph.D.)
MSU SROP applications will be reviewed from November 1, 2022 through February 10, 2023. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Letters of recommendation can be mailed or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.