All NEW and RETURNING Graduate Students are invited to attend the annual welcome program for graduate students of Michigan State University.
Fall 2022 Information
Resource Fair @ MSU Union
Saturday, August 27, 2022
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
49 Abbott Rd, East Lansing, MI 48824
Sponsored by The Graduate School
- Welcome from the Dean: Dean Pero Dagbovie will welcome students to Michigan State University and provide an introduction to the activities of the Graduate School.
- Resource Fair will include student organizations, campus groups and community businesses – all ready to provide you with valuable information!
- No RSVP is necessary!
- View booth layout and organizations here
Fall Welcome Cookout @ Benefactors Plaza
Saturday, August 27, 2022
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
(between Chittenden Hall and Student Services)
Sponsored by the Council of Graduate Students
- Join us before the semester begins for a day of music, games, giveaways and meeting your peers!
Graduate Student Success Workshops
The Graduate School will offer three workshop the week of August 29 to get your graduate career started well.
Monday, August 29, 2002 from 6:00 -7:30 PM
Presented by Associate Dean Rique Campa, Dr. Julie Rojewski-Wilson, and Dr. Stefanie Baier.
Wellbeing & Graduate School: The Key to Your Success
Tuesday, August 30, 2002 from 6:00 -7:30 PM
Presented by Dr. Meg Moore.
Your well-being is the foundation for a successful life no matter your field or focus. It is hard to keep your physical, mental, and relational health as a priority in graduate school, but it is not impossible. In this session, you will learn about the Graduate School’s value for well-being as well as practical tips to help you manage your health and well-being while advancing your academic and professional goals. You will also hear about workshops, programs, and resources offered at MSU that support these efforts.
Setting Expectations in Graduate Education
Wednesday, August 31, 2002 from 6:00 -7:30 PM
Presented by Associate Dean Kirsten Tollefson.
The Handbook of your Program covers many set expectations that will guide you to success in your graduate education at Michigan State University. However, there are many important expectations that need to be made explicit and are often jointly set that require proactive and effective communication between you and your faculty advisors and mentors. This short workshop provides an opportunity to explore strategies for aligning expectations early in your trajectory in graduate school and will inform you about other activities and resources to help you in that task.
- All three workshops will be held in the Graduate School at 110 Chittenden Hall 466 W. Circle Dr., East Lansing, MI 48824
- Registration is required. Click on workshop name to get to registration link.