*Special Workshop for applicants for SSRC, Title VI DDRA, and other Nov and later deadlines in 2019-2020*
Open to all MSU graduate students (US and foreign) planning proposals for funding dissertation or pre-dissertation research abroad for deadlines in 2019 or 2020 - especially the IIE Fulbright, Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Abroad, NSF, SSRC, Ford Minority Fellowships, and MSU and other grantors.
Workshops are open to all MSU students gratis - no preregistration. They are a substitute for the International Social Science Research Seminar normally offered each fall semester.
Free at the workshop:
- Funding Catalog for Graduate Student International Research
- Handout: "Secrets of Writing Winning Proposals"
- Advice from MSU grad students who have won awards
- Faculty advice on writing proposals for 2019-2020 deadlines for national & MSU grants
- Lectures – “Developing proposals for the dissertation or pre-dissertation grants”
- Finding sources of funding for dissertation and pre-dissertation
- research using MSU Library resources and new MSU online list.
- Proposal strategies: Understanding the proposal process in national competitions and maximizing your chances for success
- “What makes a winning proposal?: Comments by MSU faculty reviewers who served on national reviewing panels
- Panel of successful MSU students: “How I developed a successful proposal”
- Steps in planning and writing a successful proposal – with summary handouts