Please register at When They See Us Summit.
Inspired by NCORE’s (The National Conference on Race & Ethnicity) webinar, “When They See Us: Experiences of Black Males Navigating Historically White Institutions,” this summit centers on the experiences of Black men-identified students attending Michigan State University.
Highlights from this summit include:
- Opening remarks by Dr. Jabbar R. Bennett, Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
- Highlighted clips from NCORE’s webinar used to engage discussion.
- A student panel facilitated by Dr. Chezare A. Warren, Associate Professor, Department of English, Michigan State University.
- Breakout Discussions facilitated by MSU faculty/staff including members of MSU’s Black Strategic Outreach Committee.
- Sharing of MSU’s resources and plans for student success from MSU’s Black Strategic Outreach committee.
9:00AM Welcome and Overview
9:10AM Opening Remarks by Dr. Jabbar Bennett
9:25AM Featured clips from NCORES webinar “When They See Us: Experiences of Black Males Navigating Historically White Institutions.”
10:00AM Student Panel Facilitated by Dr. Chezare Warren
11:00AM Breakout Discussions/Action Plan facilitated by members of MSU’s Black Strategic Outreach Committee.
You are highly encouraged to view NCORE’s Webinar prior to attending this summit. Access NCORE webinar.
This summit is brought to you by: Office of Cultural & Academic Transitions, College of Natural Science, IDEA Coordinators, School of Packaging, Residential College in the Arts and Humanities, College of Agriculture & Natural Resources—Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Black Students’ Alliance
E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.