So you think you want to work in industry? At a biotech, or in startup?
Come to hear from a team of Ph.D.-trained scientists and engineers who want to share what they wish they had known when they made the transition from their grad program or post doc to working in industry. C4 Therapeutics is a biotech firm in Watertown, MA whose mission is to harness “the innate power of the body to control the quality of proteins within cells. Our approach uses drugs to target disease-causing proteins for destruction. This breakthrough technology offers many advantages for the treatment of cancer and other diseases, while avoiding traditional drug resistance.”
They will talk about:
- How companies like theirs are structured, how people work, what it means to be part of a team in this environment.
- Informational interviews: how to get them and why they are worth your time
- Pros and Cons of working in industry
- Their internship program and what to consider
Scheduled Speakers (they will Zoom from Boston; we will not be able to share the zoom link for other locations)
- Dr. Brendon Ladd (Research Scientist; Ph.D. in Pharmacology)
- Dr. Gesine Veits (Research Scientist; Ph.D. in Chemistry)