This presentation will explore the impact of positive and negative messages on our mental, physical and spiritual health. Pathways that enhance health and well being through habits and mindfulness practices will be highlighted. Practical examples of the benefits of positive self-talk, gratitude, compassion and personal connections will be provided. Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in a brief stress management exercise.
- Introduce the concept of mind-body-spirit connections
- Provide examples of the effects of negative messaging on physical and emotional health
- Apply the principles underlying gratitude, compassion, and positive self-talk to heart and gut health
- Emphasize the importance of social connections on health
- Build at least one skill to reduce the effects of stress and enhance on well being
Dr. McGrady is a professor of Psychiatry at the University of Toledo Medical Center, where she also maintains a practice in counseling, biofeedback and stress management. Dr. McGrady has designed resiliency programs for medical students, medical residents and more recently sports psychology interventions for college level athletes.