Along with the review of the intellectual merit of each proposal, the National Science Foundation (NSF) reviews the merit of its broader impacts—the impacts and benefits to society of your proposed research. Each proposal submitted to the NSF must include a section about its intended broader impacts.
- NSF’s expectations for the broader impacts of your research
- Major areas of broader impacts
- How to conceptualize and design BI activities
- How to identify community partners for your BI activities
- How to evaluate the impacts of your research and BI activities
- How to write a compelling BI section for your grant proposal