Financial Wellness Counseling is now available to Grad Students at Olin Student Health Center. Appointments are limited. First come, first served. Couples welcome. Call (517) 884-6565 or e-mail Brian.Winters@hc.msu.edu to schedule an appointment.
Funding Opportunities Database
The COS Funding Opportunities database is the most comprehensive source of funding information available on the web, with more than 23,000 records, representing over 400,000 funding opportunities, worth over $33 billion.
- Academic Achievement Graduate Assistantships (AAGA)
- Student Affairs and Academic Support Services Graduate Assistant positions
Graduate School Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Student Research Enhancement Award
- Travel Funding Fellowship
- Education Opportunity Fellowship
- Emergency Fellowship Funding
- Top-ups for externally funded graduate fellowships
Michigan State University Funding Resources
- Council of Graduate Students (COGS) Funding
- Environmental Science and Policy Program Compilation of External Environmental Funding Opportunities
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
- MSU Library Grants Resources
- Michigan Intercollegiate Graduate Studies
- Office for International Students and Scholars
- Office of Financial Aid
- VPRGS Funding Information
- National/International Fellowships and Scholarships (NIFS)
Other Funding Resources
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- Medical and Health Sciences Foundation Fellowships
- Science/Engineering Foundation Fellowships
- Social Science, Arts and Humanities Foundation Fellowships
- Women's Education, Education, Law and Miscellaneous Foundation Fellowships
- Laura Bush Travelling Fellowship
Graduate Office Fellowship Funds
Approximately $2.1 million in Graduate Office Fellowship (GOF) funds are available through the thirteen colleges with graduate programs. The Associate Dean for Graduate Education of each college decides how these funds are dispersed. A number of different models are used. Ask your Associate Dean how these are dispersed in your college!
The Graduate School Dissertation Completion Fellowships
Twenty fellowships are available annually to allow students to devote full time to writing the dissertation with the goal that the dissertation will be completed during the tenure of the fellowship. Other MSU financial support, held simultaneously with the fellowship, cannot exceed a one-quarter time assistantship or the equivalent.
Selection of fellowship winners will be made by a student's college. The colleges will set the conditions and application procedures for the Graduate School Dissertation Fellowships and will notify the Graduate School of the winners. The Fellowship awards will be dispensed by the Graduate School. Students should contact the associate dean's office of their college to find out their college's procedure.