- Murielle Aalund: Anti-predatory behavior, sensory systems and brain transcriptomics in Icelandic threespine stickleback adapting to turbid environments
- Marisa Rinkus: Addressing power imbalances and combating harassment and sexual assault in conservation
(Timing of awards was restructured so that winners can be notified in advance on their travel (i.e., awards were given in Fall 2018 to fund travel in Spring 2019)).
- Rachel Henderson: Analyzing Student Outcomes in Michgan State University’s recently transformed Design, Analysis, Tools, and Apprenticeship (DATA) Laboratory
- Shao Thing Teoh: Sialic acid metabolism as a key driver of breast cancer metastasis
- Dou Yue: Understanding and simulating telecoupled land systems—using international soybean trade as an example
- Dafna Groeneveld: Intrahepatic fibrin deposition drives liver regeneration after a partial hepatectomy in mice and humans
- Shanie Liyanagamage: Reorganizing muscle coordination using mental imagery and augmented visual feedback
- Thomas Wood: Increasing wild bee abundance on spring-flowering crops: the importance of considering phenological overlap when designing habitat enhancements
- Vladimir Grubišić: Glial Cx43 regulates neuro-immune interactions in the mouse colon
- Maryam Naghibolhosseini: A method for analysis of the vocal fold vibrations in connected speech using laryngeal imaging
- Sudeep Perumbakkam: Proteome and transcriptome profiling of equine myofibrillar myopathy identifies deimished peroxiredoxin 6 and enhanced cysteine metabolic pathways
- Bibin Paulose: A component of the algal carbon concentrating mechanism increases both yield and water use efficiency in Camelin sativa.
- Kathleen Quigley: Post-fire soil soil chemistry in relation to burn severity
- Daniel Youngstrom
- Eben Gering: Adaptation to feral environments is facilitated by ancestral and artificially-selected traits
- Cristina De Miguel Rojas: Evolution of Plant Penetration by Fungal Pathogens
- Sarah Ison: Know thy neighbour – does loose housing at farrowing and lactation positively influence sow welfare post-weaning?
- Nicole Neil: Intervention intensity and language intervention for Down syndrome: dose, task, persistence, and phenotypic characteristics
- David Perez Loureiro: Beta delayed gamma decay of Phosphorus-26: evidence for a proton halo?
- Gould Billie: Genome-wide determinants of perenniality and adaptation to coastal environments in monkey flower (Mimulus guttatus)
- Alessandra Hunt: Eradicating cystic fibrosis biofilms: combining tobramycin and triclosan kills Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Burkolderia spp
- Rosa A. Moscarella: The central dogma of molecular biology: Investigating student conceptions about transcription
- Christina M. Ragan: Trait anxiety predicts medial prefrontal cortex GABA system protein expression in postpartum rats.
- C. Raul Gonzalez-Esquer: Streamlined Construction of the Carboxysome for the Development of Modular Protein-based Nanoreactors
- Ugo Bussy: A quantitative assay for reductive metabolism of a pesticide in fish using electrochemistry coupled with tandem mass spectrometry
- Caitlin Norah Callahan: Jargon or Gibberish: how does science read to understand undergraduate students?
- Ehsan R Toosi: Linking Intra-aggregate Pore Size Distribution with Soil Organic Matter Stability, Evidence From quantitative FTIR and Computed X-ray Tomography
- Qing Li: Labor Complications, Birth Depression, and Signs of Possible Neonatal Encephalopathy in the Asphyxial Pathway to Cerebral Palsy among Term Births: An application of G-Estimation in A Matched Case control Study
- Ming-Jung Liu: Sequence-specific nucleosome positioning in putative transcription factor binding sites in Arabidopsis thaliana
- Saul Beceiro-Novo: The search for Cluster in 14C with the Prototype Active Target-Time Projection Chamber (pAT -TPC)
May 2014 (mini travel award)
- Mar Huertas: Evidence for a lack of high affinity steroid binding protein in the sea lamprey
- Pejman Ahmadiannamini: Polymer mesocomposites: Ultrfiltration membrane materials with enhanced permeability, selectivity and fouling resistance
- Omayma Alshaarawy: Diabetes Mellitus Outcomes: Is Cannabis Smoking Proctective?
- Quan Zeng: Identification and characterization of bacterial small RNAs in regulating Erwinia amylovora pathogenesis
- Aditi Gupta: Ultra-deep whole genome sequencing of HIV populations reveal the viral population structure and the extent of HIV genomic diversity
- Zhaojun Yin: Bacteriophage Qβ As Promising Platform for Anti-Carbohydrate Cancer Vaccine
- Robert Montgomery: Where wolves kill moose: the influence of prey life history and habitat heterogeneity on spatial patterns of predation
- Tongjun Liu: Alkaline pre-extraction with AHP post-treatment of corn stover to enhance the digestibility, fermentability, and process economics
(We had some extra funds this round therefore four awards were given)
- Cuihong Jia: Neuropeptide Y mediates injury-induced adult neuroregeneration
- Sabrina Jorge-Gonzalez: Identification of a negative regulator of seed carotenoid by quantitative trait loci a genome wide association
- Masaki Shimono: The host cell actin cytoskeleton is altered in plants infected with Pseudomonassyringae
- Liliana Lettieri: Which traits are targeted by female choice in ecological speciation?
- Diana Karime Londono: Exploring genes involved in the insecticide resistance of the Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)
- Xiaofeng Zhuang: Evaluating gene expression of the pea-Sclerotinia sclerotiorum interaction using RNA-seq