- New postdoc/research associate orientation document (presented by AAN 8/22/18) provides a basic introduction to working at MSU as a postdoc. You can also watch a video of the 2018 Postdoc Orientation session.
- Sign up to receive MSU Alerts (or update your info) to get messages about emergencies on/around campus.
- MSU Postdoctoral Office's mission is to provide the necessary resources for principal investigators to become effective mentors and for postdoctoral scholars to develop the professional skills necessary to establish themselves as independent investigators.
- The Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) at Michigan State University is a National Science Foundation program that supports recruitment, retention, and graduation of underrepresented U. S. minorities in doctoral programs of the natural and social sciences, mathematics, and engineering. Graduate students, post-docs and faculty who participate in building the AGEP Community at MSU will provide a key to changing the culture of U. S. colleges and universities to embrace building world-class STEM and SBE faculties who fully reflect the diversity in race, gender, culture and intellectual talent of the U. S. population.
- The Faculty Handbook provides information to help you as a faculty/academic staff member of Michigan State University. You will find most of the policies, regulations and procedures of the University either contained here in their entirety or referenced. Those which are not totally included because of their length or because they are peripheral to the faculty/academic staff mission can be found in other University publications.
- Faculty Grievance & Dispute Resolution Office responds to inquiries from MSU faculty, academic staff and administrators concerning alleged violations of MSU policies and practices. The Faculty Grievance Policy is intended to provide a fair, internal process for resolving employment related disputes that arise between faculty or academic staff members and administrators
- Research Integrity Officer safeguards the integrity of research and creative activities at Michigan State University.
- Counseling & Psychiatric Services (CAPS) is for MSU students seeking help for a wide range of concerns, including: depression, anxiety, stress management, homesickness, adjustment or acculturation, relationships, gender and sexual orientation (LBGTQ) issues, substance abuse, traumatic experiences, eating or body image concerns, and other personal mental health concerns. Find out how you can help support students through CAPS.
- Career Services Network works with MSU faculty and staff in their efforts to support students. You can refer a student, request a presentation or workshop for your classroom, or post a position to promote student employment opportunities and support the development of on-campus internships through the popular Internships@State program.
- MSU Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling service provided at no cost to MSU faculty, staff, retirees, graduate student employees, and their families.
- MSU Health4U is focused on helping the MSU community explore the fundamentals of a health-promoting lifestyle. They provide access to high quality, evidence informed, and culturally conscious health education and support.
- The Research Facilitation and Dissemination team provides guidance and proposal support for researchers in order to reduce the administrative work often associated with grant applications.
- The MSU Innovation Center combines innovation, technology transfer, start-up support, and a portfolio of dedicated business and community partnerships to bring cutting-edge ideas to the marketplace.
- Information on Current MSU Job Openings (including postdoc positions!).
- National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) is a member-driven, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars. Since MSU is an institutional member, all MSU postdocs are eligible for FREE affiliate membership. This allows you to access exclusive content, resources, and information provided by the NPA.
- Handshake is the place where students, career centers, and recruiters come to meet, talk, and share opportunities. MSU is now providing Graduate Students and Postdocs with this free career management website. It's easy to navigate, works on your phone, and allows you to find jobs and connect with employers.
- Versatile PhD is a web-based resource that you can use anytime, from any computer, confidentially. MSU provides access to this thriving, supportive web-based community where you can participate in discussions, network with PhDs and ABDs outside the academy, or just listen and learn.
- Tomorrow’s Professor eNewsletter seeks to foster a diverse, world-wide teaching and learning ecology. Subscribe to receive postings twice per week.
- Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)'s mission is to enhance excellence in undergraduate education through the development of a national faculty committed to implementing and advancing effective teaching practices for diverse learners as part of successful and varied professional careers. CIRTL provides access to a variety of resources, courses, workshops, and learning communities.
- Center for Improvement of Mentored Experience in Research (CIMER)'s mission is to improve the research mentoring relationships for mentees and mentors at all career stages through the development, implementation and study of evidence-based and culturally-responsive interventions. CIMER provides resources for mentee training, mentor training, and facilitator training. They also offer one-time consultation services.
- National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) is a nationwide consortium of biomedical professionals and institutions collaborating to provide all trainees across the biomedical, behavioral, clinical and social sciences with evidence-based mentorship and professional development programming. Experience mentorship and professional development programs designed to hone your practices and deepen your connection to the diverse nationwide scientific community.
- The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students. They are 100% dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. Since MSU is an institutional member, all MSU postdocs all eligiable for FREE membership which provides access to professional development resources and support. Sign up for their Monday Motivator email today!
- Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) is a national organization whose mission is to build a global community that inspires, supports, recognizes, and empowers women in science. The local Mid-Michigan Chapter is active at MSU, and engages in multiple outreach and mentoring activities throughout the year.
Do you have suggestions for other resources to list? Email us at email@example.com.