MSU-PDA is a volunteer based organization that depends on the community of postdoctoral scholars here at Michigan State University.
The MSU-PDA’s mission is to:
- Congrats to Rachel Henderson, Shao Thing Teoh, and Dou Yue -- winners to the MSU-PDA Spring 2019 Travel Award! Read about their research here.
- Christian Danve Castroverde wins NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship. Congrats, Christian!!!
- Missed the 2018 MSU postdoc orientation? No problem! You can download the orientation document and/or watch a video of the session.
- Click here for info about current MSU postdoc openings, and here for info about a postdoc opportunity at Wayne State.
- Congrats to the MSU-PDA 2018 Postdoctoral Excellence in Research Award (PERA) winners: Omayma Alshaarawy and Caleb Trujillo!
- Application submission for the 2019 PERA will open on January 18th, 2019. More information on nominee eligibility and application requirements can be found here.
- Write a winning NIH NRSA fellowship: The do's and don'ts (Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 4:00pm to 5:30pm, Chittenden Hall, Room 110):. Dr. Pratt will share his experiences, knowledge and perspective as current Chair of an NIH study section that reviews fellowships for pre- and postdoctoral National Research Service Awards. He plans to discuss 1) goals of the NRSA, 2) how NRSA applications are reviewed, 3) the “do’s” and “don’ts” for each review criterion, emphasizing common mistakes made that can easily sink an application, and 4) will offer tips to sponsors on the professional training plan and other critical components of a successful application.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Send us your feedback. We appreciate it.