MSU-PDA is a volunteer based organization that depends on the community of postdoctoral scholars here at Michigan State University.
The MSU-PDA’s mission is to:
- The MSU Presidential Search Committee is seeking community input. They are looking for feedback regarding characteristics, qualifications and criteria for the university’s next president, as well as thoughts about what you consider to be the challenges and opportunities facing MSU. Comments may be made in-person at input sessions or submitted online. Make your voice heard!
- Gregory J. Spray, who serves as the representative for graduate/professional students on the Presidential Search Committee is interested in getting postdoc input ASAP to inform the job description for the next president so please fill out this survey as soon as you can.
- Missed the 2018 MSU postdoc orientation? No problem! You can download the orientation document and/or watch a video of the session.
- Click here for info about current MSU postdoc openings, here for info about a postdoc opportunity at Wayne State, and here for information about a fellowship program with the National Nuclear Security Administration.
- Congrats to the MSU-PDA 2018 Postdoctoral Excellence in Research Award (PERA) winners: Omayma Alshaarawy and Caleb Trujillo.
- Exploring Careers in Government (Friday 11/02, 12-1pm; Atrium/Break Room in Food Safety and Toxicology): Lunch with two PhD staff scientists from the State of Michigan Department of Natural Resources. Peter Rose is a Geologist from the Office of Minerals Management and Clay Buchanan is a Wildlife Biologist from the Wildlife Division. Peter and Clay will share with you their career path and the daily work duties in their departments. Space is limited, please register here at your earliest convenience.
- Interim President John Engler and Provost June Youatt cordially invite you to a reception for Postdoctoral Fellows, Research Associates, and Senior Research Associates on November 5th, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m at Cowles House (1 Abbot Road). If you did not receive an invitation to this event please contact Kirsten Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-432-2383.
- November 17th, 2018 from 2-6pm: Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner - stay tuned for details!
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Send us your feedback. We appreciate it.