Motivation—the capacity to organize and act in the service of achieving an outcome—is essential for success in graduate school. But did you know that the way we motivate ourselves has very real consequences for both our health and well-being and for the quality of the work that we produce? This workshop will focus on identifying and defining different forms of motivation. It will also provide graduate students with tools and strategies to cultivate healthy forms of motivation.
Specifically, this program will:
• Identify and define different types of motivation
• Discuss the impact that motivation can have on productivity
• Discuss the impact that motivation can have on health and well-being
• Examine the interplay between motivation, health and well-being, and productivity especially as it relates to graduate work
• Identify strategies to cultivate and maintain healthy forms of motivation
Registration for this workshop is required.