- GradPlan is the web-interactive system for Ph.D. students to create and store their Ph.D. Degree Plans and subsequent graduate program activities. Link to the log-in page: https://gradplan.msu.edu
- GradPlan replaces the Report of the Guidance Committee, Record of Comprehensive Exam, and the Dissertation Final Defense form.
- These plans can also be viewed in the GradInfo system. https://gradinfo.msu.edu/. GradInfo collects data for Master’s and doctoral students in every graduate program.
- Final acceptance of the dissertation by the Graduate School and the final degree certification by the department, college and Office of the Registrar are all set up for final approval and stored electronically in GradPlan.
- All Ph.D. students who will complete their degree programs in Spring 2017 and thereafter should use GradPlan! For Spring 2017 and beyond, the only final Ph.D. degree certification process will be using GradPlan. There will be no more paper forms!
- We encourage you to make sure that your Grad Plan is as complete as possible when you submit your dissertation to ProQuest. Please see the example below for a Grad Plan that is as complete as can be. The Graduate School sign off is done after your dissertation has been accepted and delivered for publication to ProQuest. The Department/College sign off is done after the Graduate School signs off.
Sample of a GradPlan that is complete up to the Graduate School sign off
GradPlan Student Guide - PDF version (updated 12/12/2012)