Graduate Certification in Community Engagement
Michigan State University's Graduate Certification in Community Engagement is an initiative of University Outreach and Engagement and The Graduate School. The Certification is designed to help graduate and professional students develop systemic, respectful, and scholarly approaches to their community engaged work.
Who Should Apply?
Graduate and professional students from any program whose scholarly and career interests include the following types of activities:
- Employing community-based research methods and techniques to address society's problems
- Providing expertise and assistance to community-based, non-profit organizations and agencies
- Involving students in community-based research, service learning, or alternative spring breaks
- Developing activities or curricula to engage general public audiences in learning
- Creating learning experiences and continuing education programs for working professionals
- Translating health and scientific research findings for general public audiences
- Involving members of the community in the creative arts, humanities, design, or performance
Additional information about the certification, including application deadlines, can be found at:https://gradcert.engage.msu.edu/